This quick meal is for the DTS or the Purist alike. When making everything from scratch it takes about 30 minute from start to on the table. When using canned goods this is on the table in 15 minute.
Pinto's and Cheese
In a bowl layer
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of canned FF re-fried beans or homemade heated and seasoned with Taco seasoning and a bit of extra garlic
- 1/4 cup extra lean ground turkey taco meat
- 1/4 cup of jarred Green Salsa, THM Hot Saucy Mama Green, or Homemade Salsa Verde (Hot Saucy Mama Green works best IMO)
- 2 TBS 0% Greek Yogurt
- Up to 2 TBS shredded cheese of choice (This is your tiny bit of fat source for you E meal)
- 1 tsp chopped olives
- 1 to 2 TBS Store bought hot sauce or THM Hot Saucy Mama Red Sauce
Dig in with a spoon, or a serving of baked blue corn chips.
1. Brown up large batches of ground turkey and store in the freezer in 1 to 2 lb ziploc bag. Pull out, defrost in the micro or stove top and add taco seasoning.
2. If re-frying your own beans drain and rise bean and use a bit of FF chicken both to re-fry them in. This will add tons of flavor.