Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

Asian Inspired Vegetable and Poached Egg Soup ~ THM ~ S (DF/GF)

I have always loved Asian Foods. Having to cut soy out of my diet a few years back left me wanting. 

I've have come up with a few dishes on my own that I feel meet that want. This is my latest creation. It fits in nicely into a simple THM plan.

I love egg drop soup. Sometimes though I don't want those long beautiful skinny egg noodles from the emulsified egg. 

This is a simple quick soup for one that lends itself to the Drive Thru Sue and Food Purist alike.

Asian Inspired Vegetable and Poached Egg soup (S)
Serves 1

In a small sauce pan add

  • 1 1/2 cups FF store bought or homemade broth
  • 1/2 a handful each of sliced onions, mushrooms, bell peppers any color, radishes (I used red globe and icicle). [I pull out the food processor and use the slicing blade once a week and slice up everything to have ready to go] You can use about 1 1/2 cups of frozen Asian blend veggies.
  • 1 tsp spice blend that has garlic in it. 
  • 1/2 tsp nutritional yeast powder (1 tsp flakes)


Bring to a boil and then turn down on med/low to simmer for about 15 min. Add 

  • 1/2 handful of sliced squash (optional, but love squash in soup)
  • 3 whole eggs removed from their shell


Simmer 5 to 10 more min until eggs are done to your liking.
Salt and Pepper to taste and add an optional dash of Braggs Aminos, Coconut aminos or fermented soy sauce.

Ladle into a bowl and top with chives and optional hot sauce.

NOTE: If you have boiled eggs on hand skip the poaching part and just slice them into the soup.


No comments:

Post a Comment